Web Smart Bot – Functions
+ Browser Commands
– navigate = Browsing a specific website.
– download file = This command will download a file from the url location you provide that has a file for downloading.
– load html = This command will display whatever html code you place inside it in the browser window.
– close page = This command closes the current page within a browser.
– type text = Enter your text in a field of a website.
– click = Click on a specific place of a website (banner, text, button).
+ Flow Commands
– pause script = This command will pause the script and is generally used for debugging purposes. Once paused you can resume the script by pressing the play button again.
– stop script = This command will stop the script and is generally used for debugging purposes. Clicking the run button runs the the script from the beginning.
– wait = Wait a number of seconds per page.
– wait for element = This command allows you to delay the script until an element on the page is present.It can be used to slow down the flow of a script to make sure fields are loaded and pages have finished loading before fields are field or items are clicked.
– wait for browser event = This command waits for a browser event to happen such as a page being loaded and DOM ready.The behavior the command will be waiting for in the main browser.
– loop = Repeat loop a specific number of times.
– thread = Starts multiple browsers simultaneously for more operations.
– alert = This command displays an alert box to display a message to the end user.
– in new browser = This command runs all contained commands inside a separate browser in a separate window.These separate browsers will appear as small browsers to the right of the main browser in a vertical column.Each window will have its own cookies, and can be assigned its own ip.
– comment = This command allows you to write comments within your code. It is used for debugging and organizational purposes.
+ File Commands
– shell = Auto run your any file from computer.
– save to file = This command allows you to save text and lists to a file.You can specify the name and location where you want to save the file.If you are saving text, it will save it verbatim to the file, and if you are saving a list it will save it to the file one list item per line.You can save files with whatever extension you choose (i.e. .txt, .csv, .html, .bat, etc).
– rename file = This command renames a file.The command can be found under the system commands within the tool box.Rename File – refers to the file you would like to rename.The browse button will help you find the file and select it for the command.New File Name – refers to the new name you would like to rename your file to, complete with the file extension.
– move file = The command moves a file to a new location.File to Move – refers to the file you would like to move to a new location.New Location – refers to the new location you would like the file moved to.
– delete file = This command simply deletes a file.File to Delete refers to the file you would like to delete.The browse button on the command allows you to search for the file in need of deletion.
– copy file = File to Copy refers to the file you would like to copy.The browse button is used to browse for the file.Copy to Location refers to the location you would like the file copied to.You will need to type in the new location you would like to copy your file to.
+ Data Commands
– set = This command allows you to store a value in a variable.Variable Name – creates a name for the variable.New Value – the value the variable is going to hold.The command also accepts variables and functions such as $next list item, $list item, $random list item, $previous list item, and $table cell.
– increment = This command will increment a variable set to a number by one.Variable – The variable with the value that is going to be incremented.
– decrement = This command will decrement (reduce) a variable set to a number by one.Variable – the variable with the value that is going to be decremented.
– add item to list = This command will append an item to the end of a list.List To Add To – the list the item will be added to.Item to Add – the item being added to the list.The command also accepts variables and functions such as $next list item, $list item, $random list item, $previous list item, and $table cell.
– add list to list = This command will append a list of data to the end of a specified list.Starting List – the list the information will be appended to.List to Add – the list of information being appended to the starting list.The command also accepts variables and functions such as $next list item, $list item, Scrape Attribute, $random list item, $previous list item,and $table cell.The additional advanced settings are the following: >>Delete Duplicates – allows you to set deleting duplicates in a list to Delete or Don’t Delete >>List Scope – allows you to decide if you want your list to be local to the command or script it occupies or global to the entire bot.
– remove from list = This command will remove a list item by list position.List – the list the item will be removed from.Position – the position of the item that is going to be removed.
– clear list = This command empties the contents of a list and resets the position to 0.List – the list that will be cleared.
+ Email Commands
– send email = This command is an Email Command.This command allows you to send emails to a recipient.The command works with the connect to mail server command.To send emails, it is important to select the appropriate setting type for the mail sender. You can select and deselect the Use SSL option depending on how you want the emails sent out.Web Smart Bot will provide the correct port when you select or deselect the Use SSL option.
Send To: The email address from which the email is being sent to.
Subject The subject of the email message.
Email Type – the format the email message will appear in. It can be plain text or HTML.
Message – the main message of the email.
Attachment – the file being sent along with the email message.
Send From – the email address from which the email is being sent from.Simple insert an email address in the following format: email@example.com.
In Web Smart Bot, to set a sender name, place the send from address in the following format: Smart Bot <firstname.lastname@example.org> .
BCC: Insert an email address here.Copy of an email message can be sent to a recipient whose email address does not appear in the message.
– connect to mail server = This command allows you to connect to a mail server through such services as hotmail, gmail, yahoo, aol or an smtp server.Dragging in the command pops up a window that allows you to select the service you will be connecting to.To send or receive emails Web Smart Bot with a gmail account, you will need to temporarily allow access for Web Smart Bot.Simply make sure to switch the setting back to disabled after you are done sending and receiving emails if needed.
+ Settings Commands
– clear cookie = Delete cookies from the current page.
– clear cache = Delete cache from the current page.
– change proxy = Change ip, sets a new proxy.
– set user agent = Set a fake browser agent, ( chrome, firefox..etc ).
– set referrer = Set a fake referrer url, (facebook, twitter..etc).
– set visibility = This command will allow you to determine the visibility of certain tasks you run within the browser.If you set the visibility to Invisible, the browser area will become blank.Any tasks being done within the browser will become invisible.Visible or Invisible – select “Visible” to display the contents of the browser to the end user.Select “Invisible” to make the contents of the browser invisible to the end user.
+ Allow Commands
– allow images = Allow or not to display images in browser.
– allow css = This command, when set to Yes, will disable all CSS related content on a webpage.Allow CSS – Select “Yes” to enable CSS elements on a webpage.Select “No” to disable CSS elements on a webpage.
– allow popups = This command determines whether or not the browser should show pop ups, depending on the setting the command is set to.Allow Popups: Select “Yes” to enable popups on a webpage.Select “No” to disable popups on a webpage.
– allow flash = This command will disable all flash on a webpage.Simply select “Yes” to enable flash and “No” to disable flash.Allow Flash: Select “Yes” to enable Flash on a webpage. Select “No” to disable Flash on a webpage.
+ Scrape Commands
– scrape attribute = Extract specific data, from any website.
– page scrape = The function returns the text scraped from the correct page between two specified pieces of text. In order to scrape your data you can either save it to a list or set it to a variable.Text On Left Side – text on the left side of the desired text being scraped.Text On Right Side – text on the right side of the desired text being scraped.
Updated on 2016-10-24T04:39:55+00:00, by .